Interested in making your own independent movies – but not sure how to approach it? In this Seattle filmmaking class you’ll learn how to make high-quality movies without the mistakes that are common to beginners.
- Cameras, camcorders and DSLRs: what the choices are, which is best for your project, and how to spend the least amount of money to get something that will work for the movies you’re planning on making
- Film lighting: How film lights are used, how they can create the mood you’re looking for, and how to buy high quality lights that will last for years and give you good results, without spending a fortune.
- Audio: How to record actors’ voices and other sounds clearly and distinctly
- How to use a shotgun mic to record high quality audio while screening out unwanted background sounds
- How to use camera angles such as close-ups, medium shots, long shots, reverse shots, Dutch angles, and more, and how to use the angles effectively to tell your story
- Film festivals, fundraising, making movies for YouTube and social media, and figuring out ways to share your movie or documentary with the world.
- Looking for the experience of ACTING in a movie? Take our Let’s Make a Movie class.
- Instructor: Nils Osmar
Choose a section:
Filmmaking 101: How to Make Your Own Independent Movies
- Saturday Sept. 23, 2023. 10 a.m-5 pm (1-day workshop)
- This class meets in Bothell. The address will be sent by email.
- Tuition: $150
Perfect introduction to film making!
Took the class this spring – had a great experience, the perfect introductory course to film making!
You are an incredible teacher!
I want you to know that taking this class has truly made a difference for me. I lost the fear to shoot and produce films. It has given me the knowledge and skills I was seeking and the confidence I need to step into film making. I have to tell you — you are an incredible teacher! I cannot thank you ENOUGH! I’ll definitely recommend this class to all my friends. Thanks so much for the highly engaging and inspiring class.
The class was great!
I took the Filmmaking 101 class. It was great! We went through every aspect of the film-making business with how-to-do, and lots of advice from personal experience–Just what I was looking for, and well within my budget. 🙂
Thank you for the Filmmaking classes
I just want to thank you for the Filmmaking classes. I never learned so much over a short period of time and remembered it. You wasted no time on the non-essentials. I greatly appreciate the fact that you were very receptive to everyone’s questions. Your experience, dedication, and passion for film making made this a fantastic learning experience for me.
Nils is a generous, patient and knowledgeable teacher
I was delighted with the filmmaking and lighting classes I took. Nils is a generous, patient and knowledgeable teacher. The classes I attended gave a solid introduction to the filmmaking process and Nils did a good job of covering the essentials. I intend to take more classes myself and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to aspiring indy or hobbyist filmmakers, or anyone interested in how movies are made. Regardless of your eventual cinematic ambitions, these classes are a great (and affordable) way to get started and find out if filmmaking is for you.
Submit Your Review
You must be logged in to submit a review.