Looking for a fun introductory cartooning class in Seattle? Topics covered in this workshop include:
- How to draw cartoon faces and figures
- How to create your own characters – and show them in action
- How to draw facial expressions
- How to draw animal characters
- How to draw cartoon hands and feet
- How to draw backgrounds, such as living rooms and outdoor scenes, and put your characters in them
- How to finish your cartoons in ink and give your artwork a professional polish
- How to draw newspaper comic strips (such as Doonesbury, The Far Side, Cathy or Garfield)
- How to draw one panel “gag” cartoons
- How to draw comic books
- How to get your cartoons published
- How to make money doing cartooning
- And more.
Whether you’re interested in learning how to draw gag cartoons, greeting cards, comic books or newspaper strips, or just do whimsical cartoon illustrations for fun, this class will get you off to a good start.
Most students in this class are adults, but it is open to ages 12 and older (or by permission of instructor). Instructor: Nils Osmar
Choose a section!
CARTOONING 101- MAY
- Mondays 6-8 pm (3 meetings)
- May 8-May 22, 2023
- A zoom link will be sent a few days before the first meeting
- Paper (any smooth surface paper) Ordinary laser printer paper or copier paper is fine. If you want a fine quality paper that’s more durable, this is great.
- Pencil (an ordinary #2 office pencil or HB drawing pencil)
- Eraser (for erasing pencil lines)
- 12” ruler
- A set of brush pens.
Well paced with a variety of skill levels in class.
Nils is thoughtful, paces the class well, and treats everyone with respect. There were twelve adults and three youngsters in the class. He took all of the students seriously, listened to all of their questions with the same respect
Basics Covered. Questions Answered.
I appreciated how you covered all of the basics, and took the time to answer student questions.
I learned exactly what I was hoping to.
The class was excellent. I learned exactly what I was hoping to. I’ll be taking more of the instructor’s art classes in the future.
Thanks Nils! It was excellent.
The teacher was knowledgeable and did a good job…
Color cartoons in Photoshop
The demonstration on coloring cartoons in Photoshop was great!
Nils is an amazing artist, and I would say, an excellent teacher. I learned exactly what I was hoping for, and have been drawing steadily since the class. I’ll be back for
Before the class I was drawing one figure over and over again, and didn’t know how to move her around. I feel great now, I can draw all kinds of characters and expressions.
Submit Your Review
You must be logged in to submit a review.