Optimize Your Website! SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Beyond
Do you have a website that could use MORE TRAFFIC and make a stronger impact on your customers and other visitors?
In this class you’ll learn tested and proven methods to:
- Power up your website!
- Rank as high as possible on Google!
- Make your site more mobile-friendly!
- Optimize your site for speed!
- Improve your connections with customers and clients!
- Sponsored by Classesandworkshops.com
- Cosponsored by University of Washington Experimental College
Sign up now for the Fall 2015 class:
In this intensive workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to use “white hat” SEO (search engine optimization) to rank higher on Google
- How to make your site mobile friendly (a huge number of people now do their searches on phones; Google ranks ‘mobile friendly’ sites higher in the search results.)
- How to make sure your website loads quickly on both desktop and mobile devices (and how to test it)
- Responsive design: when it’s the right choice and when it’s not
- How to make sure your site is “friendly” to both human users and Googles robots.
- No HTML or programming experience required. Anyone with a website can benefit from this class.
- Looking for training and instruction in SEO or SMO in Seattle? Our class is a good place to start.
- Jon Peck, instructor, holds a degree in Computer Science from Cornell University. Over the last two decades, he has worked as a web & software consultant, teacher, and advisor for companies large and small, from major hospitals & colleges to independent small businesses & artists.
More about this class:
Good, honest and effective search Engine Optimization can make the difference between 100 people finding your website, or 100,000 people. For businesses, more web traffic can result in improved web traffic and sales. For bloggers, it can increase the number of people who are able to find and read your blog.
In this class you’ll learn how to improve your website to make the content more visible and attractive to Google and other search engines (and more friendly to people); how to pick the keywords or ad words that help the engines (and your target audience) find your website; and how to build online authority (author rank), which can give your site more authority with Google. Plus, you’ll learn about Social Media Optimization (SMO) and where it fits into the picture. This class covers both practical and technical SEO methods.
You’ll also learn how to avoid SEO mistakes, frauds and scams that could result in Google penalizing or even dropping your site. (Search engine optimization is essential in this day and age, but it has to be done thoughtfully, because bad SEO can actually damage your website’s ranking, not help it.) (continued below)
Whether your goal is to get your website to the top of the Google search engine results, or just make it to page one, you’ll learn solid, down to earth information that you can immediately start using and applying to begin moving toward your goals.
Our Seattle search engine optimization classes will leave you with concrete suggestions that can give you the tools to start improving your website’s ranking as soon as you apply them. Instructor: Jon Peck.
In this intensive, three week class, you’ll learn:
- How the major search engines work, and what they’re looking for — and what totally turns them off.
- What is SEO, and how to use it effectively.
- What is SMO, and how to use it effectively.
- How to conduct SEO keyword research, and use it to improve your site’s ranking and traffic.
- How to use Google Analytics and other tools to measure the success of the SEO on your website.
- How to turn your listing in the search engine results into an eye-catching and effective advertisement for your website.
- How to improve your click-through rate (the number of people who click on your listing.)
- The key SEO and SMO mistakes some people make, and how to avoid them.
- Hidden things you can do that will greatly improve your odds of making it to the top position.
- In short, you’ll learn what to do, and what not to do, if your goal do as well as possible on Google and other search engines’ SERPs.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions about this class
If I take your Search Engine Optimization class, will my website shoot up to the top of Google’s search results?
Answer: No one who is honest can promise you a certain rank on Google (unless they make up some ridiculous keywords no one would want, and optimize your site for them). But understanding and applying what you learn in our course can improve your odds of ranking higher on Google. Modern SEO is not about quick gimmicks or trying to “fool” Google and cheat your way to the top. It’s about taking an honest look at your web page, see why Google does, or does not, like it, and improve both its content and SEO. SEO training is designed to help your page find its target audience, and do as well as possible in the Google search returns.
- I want to get to the top of the Google search engine results. Heck, I want to dominate Google! Will this class help me get there? What the class will do is teach you how SEO really works, and what Google is really looking for (without the hype). With this information, you’ll have the tools to make sure your site ranks as high as possible on Google.
- I’d like to take the class, but I live outside of Seattle. Will you be offering classes in other cities in Washington (such as Tacoma, Bellevue, Redmond, Everett, Lynnwood, or Edmonds)? Maybe someday, but at this time, the Seattle class is our only “live” course. We recommend buckling in and driving over for the class. (We’ve had some students drive up to our classes from as far away as Portland, Oregon).
- How about online classes? i.e., do you offer web-based training in SEO or SMO outside of Seattle? Not yet, but we are working on online SEO courses, which should be available sometime in 2014.
- What makes your classes different from other SEO classes in Seattle? To answer that, we’d need to go out and take all of the other classes! But in terms of what’s distinctive about our classes, we can say that (a) We’re local. (Some “Seattle SEO class” searches return instructors who are off in another part of the country. (b) We walk the walk. Our site does well in the search engine results because of our understanding of SEO and how it works.
“I have enjoyed your class. You have been providing great direction for what to look for in SEO and things that you can do to improve anyone’s rankings…. I liked the presentation style, very good information.” – Jim Hopper, Seattle
“Thank you for sharing this information so freely.” – M.E., Bellevue
“The exercise you did using one of your own websites as an example, and showing how the right changes could raise it in the search engine results, was really helpful.” – E.W., Tacoma
“I liked the plain terms, visual examples, ability to ask questions, and the personal perspective and stories.” – Julie C.
“The class came together well. I liked the easygoing conversational style.” – Lance C., Seattle
“(The class had) lots of detail, presented in a logical fashion. There was a good mixture of basic and advanced information. The instructor did a nice job of fielding a variety of questions and providing substantive responses.” – A.F., Seattle
“It was very informative.” – Cheryl M., Seattle
How to choose an SEO class
The topic of the class is how to get your website to rank well on Google. So if an instructor is skilled at SEO, his or her class should be at or near the top of the organic search results. The first reasonable step in choosing a class would be to type in “SEO classes” or “SEO classes Seattle,” and start by checking out the classes which are at or near the top of the page. If they are, they know SEO. If they’re not, there’s your answer.